Saturday, August 11, 2012

"Wraps"

On Thursday I had signed up to cook for the Lunch Club. I was debating on what to make, and finally decided on tacos. I thought it would be easy enough, and that way people could add toppings as they wanted.

Needless to say the tacos didn't go over very well. They tasted quite good to me, but I just think the European idea of "tacos" a.k.a. "wraps" as they call them (and refused to call them tacos, no matter how many times I told them these were not wraps!!) is too far different than the typical American version. That, and usually everything is already divided up into portions when we're at lunch, and this time you had to do it yourself. In this case, I don't think my colleagues knew what to do. Hence they all stared at me when I made mine, and kept staring at me as I ate (consequently ruining my appetite...).

Next time I will make something more European. If you have any ideas, please feel free to send them my way!

And here: a pic of my day cooking for the lunch club.

No comments:

Post a Comment