Sunday, August 5, 2012

Adventures in Ingersheim/Ludwigsburg

There are some beautiful wine fields all around the castle and between Klein Ingersheim and Gross Ingersheim. The other day, the other American girl, Anni, and I walked to the grocery store in Gross Ingersheim. The way to get there is through the wine fields on the path that I go running on. It takes about a half an hour to walk to the store, and believe me, the way there is much much nicer. It's practically all down hill! The dreaded part is the way back when you have the groceries you bought, and the walk back up the hill is pretty brutal. That is a workout in itself!

Here's a little peek at the grapes that are going to be turned in to wine:



On Saturday I made the trek to IKEA in Ludwigsburg. I needed a pillow, a clothes drying rack and wanted to get my own duvet cover and blanket. There is a duvet here I can use, but it is super thick. And with this hot weather, I would roast if I had to use that thing! Plus, the duvet isn't the most inspiring, so I wanted to just get my own. I would feel more comfortable anyway. So, off to IKEA I went.

I walked up to the bus stop, got on and took a ride through Gross Ingersheim to the train station in Freiberg am Neckar (not to be confused with the other famous Freiberg...). I got on the train and one stop later got off, walked to another bus stop, and got on the bus to IKEA. It wasn't so bad really. The coolest thing though is that there is a huge mall right next to IKEA. I went in and had a look, and it is seriously huge. There were so many people inside it was crazy. At least now I know how to get to the mall if I need anything!

The shopping trip to IKEA was a success. There was only one thing I wanted to get that I didn't, and it isn't crucial (ice cube trays). I came home with a super cute duvet cover, two pillows, a clothes drying rack just like my one at home, a new duvet and some postcard flowers to put on the walls to make this place a little more "homey". All the comfort things to help stave off homesickness (which is inevitable).


 Hello, IKEA!

Hello, big shopping mall! I'll be back!

My IKEA haul...

At least I know where the mall is and where IKEA is. It cost me 7 euros there and back, and three transfers on public transportation, which isn't so bad and all of the things I bought cost 33 euros. Not to mention that I've successfully found my way all by myself. I'm glad I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment