The best thing about studying in Sactown was that I got to meet so many great people, including some pretty awesome foreigners! (Shout out to YOU! Woop Woop!) One of those, is Katja! We got to hang out quite often in Sacramento, when she and Eva and the rest of the gang were studying there. It was really fun to hang out with those girls, and we made lasting friendships. Those are the best!
Katja lives in Stuttgart, and works in the Human Resources Department at Daimler. She has been living there for a couple of years. It worked out that I could take the train to go visit her in Stuttgart on Saturday. The weather was super warm, and we had a great day exploring the city. I even tried on a Dirndl! My goal this time around is I WILL get one. Every good German girl has one, and that means I should, too! :)
After Katja met me at the train station (a 50 minute jaunt from KI), we saw the main parliament building, the shopping street (yay!!) and the old town. We had a nice lunch at a German restaurant in the old town that served flavored ice tea (peach and orange for me!) and was really neat and walked around a flea market. Needless to say there will be many more adventures in Stuttgart! In one of the department stores there were all kids of British and American things to buy. Including Oreo cookie pie mix and Chips Ahoy cookie pie mix. I was tempted, but thought better of it. My spin instructor Bill will be proud of me. Shout out, Bill!
We went in to a few stores, walked around quite a lot up and down and up and down the shopping street, enjoyed some ice cream on the lawn at the central park, and had an overall great day! Here are some shots of Stuttgart (not quite the romantic city, as it is very industrialized)...
Part of the park
Former stock exchange building that they turned in to a mall
Old Town
People enjoying the park, including the two girls on the left, who brought a mattress to lay on...
Katja and I in Stuttgart!
No comments:
Post a Comment