Sunday, August 12, 2012

Am I In The Hunger Games?

If you haven't read the Hunger Games trilogy, I highly recommend it. The main character, Katniss Everdeen, is one of the most inspiring heroines in any of the books I have ever read. The movie on the other hand, was awful. I hope that whoever directs the next two movies does a better job. Seriously disappointing after reading such a good book. Anyway, I digress...

The fun part about being here is that I get to run outside through the beautiful wine fields. I have switched up my training from spinning 4 times a week, running/lifting two times a week and swimming, to only running. While I would rather be spinning, I haven't had the time to call the gym for a trial yet. With the weather being so nice, and the path just outside my front door, I have chosen to run instead. But trust me, I will spin again! It's just too much fun and such a good workout! Again, I digress...

On my running loop, at the top of one of the small hills, is this random little cave that has been built into the wine fields. I run past it every day, and it didn't hit me until this week that it totally reminds me of the cave that Katniss and Peta stayed in during the first Hunger Games book when they are trying to stay alive (seriously, if you haven't read it, you should. And this post will make way more sense!).

Whenever I run past this, I totally expect Katniss and Peta to be hunched down in there, waiting for their little medicine from Haymitch to drop from the sky. Maybe if I go in there, a special little package from the USA will drop out of the sky...!




Thus, I am (fictitiously) in the Hunger Games. I am Katniss. Complete with braids and all. And cute boots. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment