Wednesday, August 8, 2012

How About A Little Starbucks?

Since I have been in Germany, I haven't really had anything I really miss, other than family and friends, and the gym and spin class....

Yesterday Isabel said she needed to go to Breuniger Land, the big shopping mall that I blogged about the other day, to have her cell phone checked out. She invited me along, and also offered to take me to the store to get the groceries I needed for cooking tomorrow. I happily accepted and went along for the ride. We walked in and took the escalator up and all of a sudden it was like the seas parted and bells started ringing! It was Starbucks!! Yes, there is Starbucks now in Mainz (super cool!), but I didn't go there once when I was there, because I didn't feel like I needed it (other than to do a check-in with free wi-fi on Facebook! Haha!). Oh but yesterday, I needed it!

I've been working long hours (most days I'm in the office until at least 5:45pm and am there a little before 8, with about half an hour lunch) and I've been having to adjust to working and operating in another language and culture all together. So, who isn't up for a treat now and then! And because she's been such an awesome help and such a great person and fun friend to have, it was the least I could do to treat Isabel to Starbucks.

Yum! 



We walked out and I felt as if I was in a mall in the States. No kidding. I had the feeling that I was there. Probably the sights and smells combined, but seriously, it was kind of surreal! We walked around all the floors of the mall happily drinking our Starbucks, going in to stores, and having a good time. I'm thankful for Isabel's friendship, and am glad to have a fun colleague like her to work with and to do things with outside of work. Hooray for new friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment