Sunday, August 5, 2012

Welcome To My Office!

How about that! I survived my first three days on the job. It wasn't without a little stress, naturally, but all-in-all it was quite a good three days. My colleagues all speak English, but because of my German language skills, all of my training and work is done in German. This is the slightly stressful part, as I don't know every single word, and a lot of the specific terms for the copy machine, telephone, database system I don't know (but I sure do now!), make my brain tired after 8 hours. I do know that if I didn't understand something, I could always ask or say it in English. So far, things have gone smoothly.

I feel that the following pictures will be able to say more about my new office than I ever could, so here is a little tour!
The laundry room and kitchen (the washer and dryer are shared between about 10 people...)

Stairs leading up to the office (after this year, I'll surely have buns of steel!)

Welcome to my office! I sit across from Antje, and we are the marketing department!

Antje's desk, and another desk that is not in use, and...

My desk! (Already piled with work, haha!)
 
This is the view from my office window. Not bad!

Soon I will do pictures of my room, the house I live in, and my walk to/from work. I hope to do a video of it as well. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment