Monday, July 23, 2012

A Beautiful Day for Flowers

Last night the jet lag really hit me. One minute I'm tired enough to go to sleep, the next it feels as though I've caught a second wind! Initially I had gone to bed around 9:30pm, which for me in the States is quite normal. I layed down, read a magazine and still wasn't tired. So I broke out the iPad and started reading a book I had downloaded. Four chapters later (it is also a good book!), I still didn't feel like I could fall asleep. So, I looked up some Big Bang Theory clips on Youtube for a few laughs. Some time later I couldn't get the wireless signal any more, and settled for the workout mix cooldown series of music on my iPod. Got all the way through that and STILL couldn't fall asleep! I looked through my music for some other "light" music and finally, somewhere around 12:30am fell asleep. Jet lag: please be kind to me tonight. This going to bed at 12:30am business is not going to work!

After getting up this morning, having breakfast and getting ready, Eva and I headed out to do a little grocery shopping. On the way back home, we stopped by this place where you can cut your own sunflowers and gladiolas (I thought  of YOU, Gramps!). We stopped to cut a fresh sunflower, and as I never leave home without my camera, took some time to snap a few pictures in the beautiful sunshine! Enjoy the beautiful pictures!

Sunflowers and Sunshine


Lovely day for some sunflowers!

Eva and her prized possession! Only 70 cents!

Sunflower paradise!

5 comments:

  1. Kerbai Maria! It's Laura. I am so happy that you are back in Europe and that Eva is around. I miss you two a lot :( i am very excited about your new adventure and i want to thank you for sharing it with all of us. You are so brave for doing what you are doing! I wish you all the good luck in the world (although i'm sure you don't need it hehe). Keep us posted! Say hola to Eva and give her lots of hugs. Take care you two. Love,
    LauDa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerby, Love your blog. The pictures are great. It makes me wish I could be there too. Good Luck and keep the news coming. Love Muck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog kerby! You're a really fun writer and it's interesting to read:) It looks like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracias, LauDa! We will skype sooooon!

    I'm glad you like it, Muck! Keep on reading! :)

    Thanks, Andrea! I'm glad you are enjoying reading it! I'm having fun writing it, too! Lots and lots of memories to be made while fulfilling dreams. You should do a Hawaii blog, too!!

    ReplyDelete