Many of you that I talked to my last few days at home might remember me telling you about my inability to commit to a suitcase. Well, I finally did, and she is amazing!
For those of you who don't know the story, I needed a new suitcase and just couldn't find one that called my name. How was is it that I could commit to spending at least 6 months in a foreign country (no matter how many times I've been here, it is sometimes still very foreign...), work for a company, live in an aparment- sight unseen, and quit my two jobs at home-- yet not be able to buy a stinking suitcase!?!? Ahhh, the things we can- and can not- control. That's what it boils down to.
Well, not so fast. Upon arrival in Germany, my German cell phone worked after charging, but my SIM card was not recognized. After six years I guess it finally gave up the ghost. So, Eva so kindly let me borrow one she had, and I was off on the hunt for a new SIM card. The cell phone I have still works. My good old Nokia that I bought the first time I studied abroad in 2006. That's why I love Nokia! Keep in mind it is far from a smart phone or iPhone. It is a bit dusty inside the lens and has the smallest screen out there but hey, it still works! If I extend my time in good old Europa I might just get a smart phone. But for now, little Nokia it is.
After searching the German equivalent of Best Buy, Wal Mart, Fred Meyer, etc...I settled on (FINALLY!) klarmobil.de. 9ct. a minute phone calls in Germany to land lines and cell phones, 9ct. per text message and 9ct. a minute to the USA (that was a HUGE selling point, and a must!). So, new number, new phone company, starting this new chapter in my life! Yay!

No comments:
Post a Comment