After yesterday's 4 miles, I decided to not go as far today. I initially thought about only going 2 miles, but then I thought that I should do my 1.5 miles out and back. So with that, I was off.
It was really warm here yesterday, about 93 degrees Fahrenheit or so. With lots of humidity. Talk about sweaty...so gross. You start to sweat walking to the bus. You sweat waiting for the bus. You sweat while you are on the bus. You sweat as you walk to you destination. In my case, you sweat trying on clothes (didn't buy anything this time...), you sweat walking back to the bus stop. You sweat waiting for the bus back home. You sweat while you're on the bus. And the whole vicious circle (der Teufelskreis in German, as I learned yesterday...) repeats itself. No AC in the bus unfortunately. And the AC in the stores isn't cranked as high as in the States.
Today, with a little cloud cover, the humidity rose a few percent (as if it was even possible). However, I pushed on knowing that I needed to get my exercise in for the day. I was about half a mile in to the run when all of a sudden I felt something fly into my mouth! GROSS! A HUGE bug flew into my mouth and into the back of my throat. Absolutely disgusting! I coughed it out and spit it back out. Super super disgusting!
And so it continued. The entire 3 miles bugs kept flying into my mouth, into my nose, all over my face, my arms...SO disgusting. And of course it didn't help that the humidity was 1,000%, so I was sweating like no other. I'm sure you really wanted to know that now, didn't you! I guess someone somewhere decided I need to re-fuel while on my run; why not with a little protein?
Well my friends, off to a picnic by the Rhein later to meet up with some friends!
And I'll leave you with a photo of Eva, last night's Grill Master, preparing the charcoal for our lovely garden bbq last night.

Kerby, I love your blog. It sounds like you're having a wonderful time. I'm so proud of you and your running. Keep it up and post lots of pictures. Love you, Muck
ReplyDeleteKerby, thinking of you and your adventure often. So far it sounds like the best vacation ever. Sans the taste of bug. ha ha. Love the pics and the new dress. Marty's progress continues. He needs a new dress too. ha ha. Next weekend we're having a B-day party for him. Then the G-kids are visiting for a few nights. party, air show and the zoo are in order and beach camping 13-15. H2O Aerobics yeah. Miss you. Love Barb and Marty.
ReplyDelete