Monday, July 23, 2012

Reebok Women's 5k Fun Run


After landing safely in Frankfurt on Friday, July 20th, after more than 24 hours of traveling (including the time change, etc), it felt really good to head out the next morning and participate in the Reebok Women's 5k Fun Run! This was a really great event. There was the Women's Village, where you could get your hair and makeup done, lots of freebies, different booths selling all types of things, from sports clothing to laundry detergent. 

The 5k was at the Frankfurt Commerzbank Arena, the stadium where the Frankfurt soccer team plays and one of the stadiums Germany used for the World Cup a couple years ago. The run started at 4:00pm, and went around the arena, through the woods (but sadly, not to Grandmother's house...), back around the arena, through another stretch of forest and down the alley to the finish line. I finished the 5k somewhere around 35 minutes (I didn't have the chip on my shoe, and had started my watch a little early...), which for me would be a personal record. The last 5k I did was with the sprint triathlon I did in May, and wasn't the fastest time in the world. So, for me, this was a HUGE success!!

At the end, after crossing the finish line, we were given fruit, water, and other snacks, and also a "Finisher's Bag" with lots of freebies and goodies inside. Very cool, Reebok!


Check below for some action shots!


Me at the end of the race, after eating 2 apples, 2 bananas and lots of water!


Before; at the beginning of the race!


SPRINTING TOWARDS THE FINISH!!
  
 (I totally passed that lady, by the way!)




2 comments:

  1. Wooot! Go girl!
    - Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray!so proud of you! (as I sit here eating some chips...better put those down huh?)

    ReplyDelete