Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Day In My Other Home Town

I think my jet lag is finally gone. That, or just not as apparent as it was the other night.

Eva had to go to work the last two days, so I had asked her to not let me sleep in and to wake me up when she left for work. Otherwise, I'd just keep sleeping!

Eva woke me at about 8:15am on Tuesday morning. I have still been going to bed rather late, but I knew I had to get up and get moving! So, a-moving I went! Eva had told me that there is a trail/bike path behind her house, and showed me how to get there so I could go run. I did my 3 mile run, came home, got ready and went and met her at her office for lunch. Afterwards, I went around a few stores to take a look at their cell phones and SIM cards. (Backstory: in the car on 84 on the way to the airport in Portland I thought I had left my German cell phone on the kitchen table. I wasn't too thrilled by this, and the thought of having to buy a new phone here...in the end it was in my luggage, which I found while having to shuffle weight in and out of my two suitcases at the airport...ugh...). More on the cell phones/SIM card later. (Side note: when you read my blog, you'll notice that sometimes I'll do a few in a row. That means: scroll down until you find the one you read last, and then read UP the page accordingly. While they're not in time-order for you all reading them in one shot, I am trying to keep them as chronological as possible.).

SO: After shopping around, and buying this cute dress for only 15 euros at H&M (I know Mom, how could I possibly shove one more thing in there...),

I took the train to Mainz to have dinner with one of my dearest friends in the world, Caitriona! We're finally in the same time zone again, which is fantastic! And getting to hang out with her is so much fun!

And, of course, here are a few Instagram shots of my favorite place in the world! Isn't it beautiful! I love Mainz!




No comments:

Post a Comment