This time, you could. Last weekend's seventies are this week's snow. Not kidding. Snow in October. However, as I recall, when I was in Vienna it also snowed in October. Doesn't Frau Holle know it's a little early? We might need to have a chat about that, Frau Holle. (If you don't know Frau Holle- which unless you read my Master's thesis, or were around when that was being researched and written, look it up. It is one of the Grimm's fairy tales (number 23). I will give you a lecture on it, but that is not the point of this blog. Although, the first snow is when Frau Holle shakes her feather bed out. Hmmm....that usually doesn't happen until December...). Ok, I digress....
We had a more than 30 degree drop in temperature, and I awoke to this on Saturday and Sunday morning:
Snow on our room in Kleiningersheim, from out my kitchen window
Saturday it rained/snowed all day but didn't stick that well unfortunately. On Sunday the sun came out, along with the time change, and I went for my chilly morning run with snow on the ground around me and the sun shining in my face. It was beautiful. Something about the snow is just so peaceful. However, it was already melting at 9am, and as I write this, it is long gone. Lets hope that fall isn't entirely gone, and that this was just a little taste of winter.

No comments:
Post a Comment