Every day when I am done with work, I write down in my agenda what I have done that day. I write down what I did in the morning at work, and what I did in the afternoon. I also write what time I got to work and what time I leave. This way, I can look back and see what I've done, if I've missed anything, and have a checks and balances of how I am spending my time. No one asked me to do this, I am only doing this so I can remember what I have learned, because I am learning new things every day and want to keep track of how I am spending my time at work. I feel it is important for me to do so at this point, that way I can also share with my boss what I have been working on when I have my mid-internship review at the end of the month. Yes! It has almost been 3 months, and that means I am half-way through the internship phase.
Each day, depending on how busy I am, I make a "To Do" list. There are of course days where I get maybe one thing done off the list, depending on how big of a project it is, and some days I take care of everything on my list. Somtimes they are only small things, and sometimes they are more time consuming. Sometimes things are time-sensitive and need to get done asap, sometimes colleagues come to me and say, "Kerby, we need this done by tomorrow! -or- Kerby! We need this done this afternoon so the professors can check it over. Can you please make a flyer, poster, powerpoint, insert requested item here?"
So, here is an example of what my "To Do" list looks like...multi-lingual!
No comments:
Post a Comment