Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Kleiningersheim = Hollywood?

When I got back from the trip I asked my colleagues if I missed anything exciting while I was away for a week. Oh yeah, you know, nothing really. Other than they are filming a tv show/movie in the castle and in Kleiningersheim. Oh ok, that's not much....

The thing about living here and working in the castle is that it really is quite the attraction. It is really beautiful, and has a lot to offer as far as a film set goes. At least I think!

The other day I was walking through town to go to the bank and low and behold, the street has been blocked off (I went around the blockade anyway! haha!) and they were getting ready to film. Random people dressed as priests were hanging out around the church (I am certain they were not actual priests!) and everyone seemed to be enjoying the Kraft services.

At first I used to think the bells of the town clock were kind of annoying, ringing all through the night, randomly at 11am and 4pm, non-stop, and then again at 12pm and 5pm, again non-stop. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to me. However, when they film, they actually have the authority to turn off the bells. Craziness! What I once found annoying, I have come to rely on as a way to tell time without having to look at the clock. The bells ring once for quarter past, twice for half past, three times for quarter till and then on the hour it dings four times and then however many times for the hour that it is. Ok, that was a very complicated way of explaining the bells, but you get the point!

This whole filming thing is kinda messing with the rhythm of the town by turning the bells off. But it is kind of cool at the same time!!


I enjoyed playing paparazzi!

No comments:

Post a Comment