This weekend was a great weekend! Lots of exciting things happening around here, so let me fill you in.
So, two of my colleagues left this week. It was time for two interns to head home, after their six month stint. They both need to head home to finish their studies (which start next month). They both said that the past six months flew by, but they both had really great experiences and enjoyed their time working here.
So, with Christine moving out, and Myriam, my other room mate needing to find her own housing (as she has been offered a one year contract), that means I get two new room mates. Ha, ha, now I am the queen of the castle! Ok ok, not really, but in the intern's apartment I am! I welcomed two new room mates and colleagues on Saturday. They are Connie and Svenja. They are both from around the area, so I hope they they will know of some fun things to do on the weekends.
Also, and actually even better, Caitriona came to visit! Caitriona is one of my very best friends, and I am so glad that she lives in Mainz, not that far away, and was able to come down to visit for the weekend! We were very adventurous this weekend, and very productive!
Saturday morning we made fresh blueberry buttermilk scones! YUM! They were delicious!
And in the afternoon (after welcoming my room mates), we went to the Horse Festival in Bietigheim-Bissingen. This is a big festival that they have every year in the town. There was a carnival type atomosphere with rides and games, and fair food. Pictured here is Caitriona enjoying a curry wurst!
We also made it to the mall, and to the Swiss market, and even went to IKEA. We traveled far and wide this weekend, and I enjoyed every minute of having a good friend here. She showed me this awesome app that I downloaded on to my iPad that is like free TV, and it has all kinds of British and American TV programs on it. I am in heaven! Though I promise to still leave my room...!
All-in-all it was a great weekend, and I feel ready and able to tackle this next week ahead. I foresee a lot of work coming my way, but I am willing and able to handle anything that gets thrown at me. Sundays are my days to reflect, and I keep centering on one common theme: gratitude. Thankful for good friends, and the time spent hanging out together like the good old days back in Mainz. I am thankful for living in such a beautiful quaint place, and am thankful that I feel safe.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, and have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment