I have been getting increasingly busy at work, taking on more projects, and getting more and more emails. I'm networking with institutions in the U.S. and in Europe on a daily basis, and am thoroughly enjoying it. I'm settling in, and am glad that I feel like my time is spent being productive.
Productivity. Productivity is the catalyst for this blog. I've been so "productive" lately, that I completely missed blogging about the one month milestone. Now that one month has come and gone, I feel like I am getting more and more integrated into the office life and more accustomed to my surroundings. I have been in Germany now for 7 weeks. Just 10 days shy of two months in, and just over one month in to the new job.
I am learning more and more every day about the business, how things work, and am enjoying working in an international environment. Networking with American universities is quite interesting; some people are just a pleasure to talk to, and others treat you like you are a telemarketer. In reality, yes, we are a business. We are an International Education Organization. However, we're not someone trying to come in to your house and clean your carpet. We offer the best products and services (seriously, the students who participate on our programs get the red carpet treatment!) at the lowest cost. More and more universities are seeing that we have the knowledge and expertise to provide quality academic programs in Europe at affordable rates. These are all good things!
There are many new business ventures happening, and I am right in the middle of the action. I love it! We are working with some pretty big names in the "learning German as a foreign language" world, and I am thrilled to be a part of this team. I really enjoy working with my office mate (though she only works part-time, and in the afternoons I miss having someone across from me to talk to), and am getting the hang of how they run the business here.
One month down! More exciting stories to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment