On Halloween, I reached the half-way point of my internship here in Germany. Can you believe it? If you would have asked me in the beginning, I would have said that time was inching by at snail speed. Now, the weeks are just flying by like nothing. It is even almost half way through November, and Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away! And Black Friday is as well! And the sock sale at Fred Meyer!!! I guess it is nothing new; I have missed the sock sale before. But there is just something about getting socks for half price, and even getting new socks in particular that makes it so good. Not fighting everyone and getting slammed by someone's cart;that is not the fun part. But the prices sure are worth it!
It seems as though each time I sit down to write a blog post, my mind goes to something else. Like this exercise my English teacher had us do in the 9th grade (yes, I still remember that!): take some time and jot down everything that comes to your mind, sentance after sentance, regardless of what it is. Where you mind goes, how it strings thoughts together, is an amazing thing. Digression at its best. I guess the point would be to write with a purpose. But this is MY blog. See? Mine. Of or belonging to me. Therefore, I can do what I want and say what I want. That is the beauty of this blog!
Half-time. It is actually kind of interesting to look at what I have done so far, how quickly I have learned many tasks, and how having things to look forward to help in the transition as a whole.
The other exciting thing that happened this past week is that I finally, FINALLY, got to pick up my work permit; the little card that offers me the right to legitimately work in Germany. For that, I am thankful. Finally to have it in my hands is something that I appreciate. At least I'm legal, that's all I can say!
And since it was Halloween, I took some chocolates to work, and offered my colleagues the change to trick-or-treat. No one came.
Half way though, half way to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment