Myriam, one of my colleagues and one of the room mates who lived here in the apartment when I first got here, and I have been weekend buddies. She is really nice, and we get along great. It is nice to be able to go out and do things with friends on the weekends, when Ingersheim seems to sleep.
On Saturday, Myriam and I went to Bietigheim-Bissingen (where the big grocery store is and where the next closest shopping is) to take a walk around. I wanted to thank Myriam for often taking me with her to the store, as she has a car and often offers to take me with her when she goes, so we went to Bi-Bi to a cute coffee shop and got chai teas to-go. Their Tiger Chai is so tasty! I am a fan of chai tea anyway, and this is absolutely delicious. Lets not think about the calories. And besides, we took a stroll around the park and up through the old part of the city, so surely I burned some of it off!
Here is part of the old city, the city hall, covered in yellow and white flowers (yellow and white are the colors of the state of Baden-Württemberg, where we live and work). The clouds had lifted over the day, and it turned out to be a nice beautiful sunny albeit chilly day.
As we were walking around the park, I came across this statue of a horse. If anyone remembers my blog from AGES ago, ie my first blog that I did in Mainz, you would remember seeing a similar picture of a horse, but in a much bigger proportion, outside the building I studied in called the Philosophicum. The horse and the philosophicum are synonomous with one another, and to see this here in the middle of the park in Bietigheim-Bissingen was kind of cool...shows that Mainz is never far away from me.
Being able to get out and enjoy the surroundings is something that I want to try to do more often. Sometimes it is too easy to just be content catching up on sleep and runs on the weekend. Not to mention the tv series episodes I catch up on. There is just no time during the week to even want to turn the computer on after having looked at the screen all day long! I know some of you know how that feels! Days where I sit at my desk really make me miss the aquatic center, and dancing around on deck teaching water aerobics!
Here are some photos from my little Spaziergang with Myriam!
The horse!
Myriam - double-fisting chai teas so I could take the picture!
Beautiful town hall in November
No comments:
Post a Comment