Sunday, January 27, 2013

Welcoming the Road Trippers

Last weekend was truly a fun-filled weekend! It was met with reunions and so so much fun. Just what you need to cheer you up when everything is below freezing for weeks on end, dark when you leave work and dark when you arrive, and everything in between!

My dear friend Eva came to visit me, and to see Kleiningersheim. She brought along Christiane, who did the Women's Run in Frankfurt with us back in July. It was fun to have them come, and I was excitedly and eagerly waiting their arrival!

Katja, one of my other friends in Stuttgart also studied at Sac State the same time Eva did, and also Annette, who lives in Tübingen, north of Stuttgart. We often did a lot of fun things together, and with Eva coming, it presented itself with the perfect opportunity for a reunion. Luckily, everyone managed to make it to Stuttgart despite the weather, and we had a great night catching up. It was really fun!

I also got to show Eva and Christiane around Kleiningersheim, Grossingersheim, around the castle and we also went to see the castle in Ludwigsburg. I hadn't get been to the castle, so it was really fun to be able to go and see it! It kind of reminds me a little of Schönbrunn Castle in Vienna. We also made it to Neuschwanstein!! (Well, kind of. There is a huge replica of the Neuschwanstein castle in someone's front yard in Grossingersheim. I have wanted to stop and take a picture forever, because I think it is so funny! Every time I drive by I am in the bus (and obviously can't get out just to take a pic!). So, we stopped, parked and had an impromptu photo shoot at Neuschwanstein. This is what memories are made of!).

All in all it was great having visitors, and I loved showing them my neck of the woods. What fun!

The three of us

Ludwigsburg Castle

We even made it to Neuschwanstein!

No comments:

Post a Comment