Snow, snow and more snow. That is what we had here in Kleiningersheim leading up to Christmas. It was below freezing, and the therefore the snow lingered for around two weeks. However, that wasn't going to stop me from going to visit more Christmas markets.
The weekend after St. Nikolaus Tag I went to explore the Ludwigsburg Christmas market. Ludwigsburg is half way between where I live and Stuttgart. It was nice to be able to get out and go, and the sun was shining beautifully despite the cold temperatures and snow. Those are the best days though; cold, snow and sun.
This Christmas market and this town are famous for Baroque architecture and style. The town itself isn't that nice; it is just another town. However, there is a beautiful castle (which I have yet to see) and the main square with the Baroque church is really nice.
I went to this Christmas market on a mission: find the present I was looking for, for someone special. I needed this one last thing in order to send the package home for the holidays. This was the last piece, or pieces of the puzzle. Lucky for me, I found exactly what I was looking for. I am not going to give it away, because the people haven't received their gifts yet, and I don't want to ruin the surprise. Yes, the package took forever, but that is another post...
Each Christmas market is different; each prides itself on being unique and different, differentiating itself from all of the other markets around. There were plenty of booths, with all different kinds of wares. I would say that this market doesn't necessarily crack my top 10, but it was interesting and beautiful none-the-less.
No comments:
Post a Comment